Since there is no class tonight, if you are looking for some time to kill check out this video: Light it, Shoot it, Retouch it. It’s long (almost 3 hours!) but you don’t need to watch all of it to get some good tips.
You can also find some great lectures here at the B&H channel on YouTube.
See you 12/3!
1. Learning how to insert the Death Star into a photo… (practice composition and layer masks)
Death Star with transparent background is here.
Finished product will look a little like this.
2. We’ll look at some professional retouching tips with my nephew (for real this time?)
Click for bigger view
Find the image here
Handout for fixing him
3. If we have time (probably not)
Tricky selections handout
Tricky selections image
Put him in this background
I’m hoping to create a conceptual photo based on an idea we come up with in class.
Also, a lecture on some famous photographs and how to “look” at photos.
In the lab:
1. Some retouching practice on my nephew (right click to download)
2. Intro to working with text
Lawnmower image (save it!)
Grass image (save it!)
It will look something like this when you are done: